Daily Excelsior – DUBAI: India will begin their campaign against New Zealand in the ICC Women’s World T20, to be held in the West Indies from November 9 to 24.
- DUBAI: India will begin their campaign against New Zealand in the ICC Women’s World T20, to be held in the West Indies from November 9 to 24.
- The finalists of the World T20 Qualifier in the Netherlands from July 7 to 14 will add to the line-up of the November tournament, which is the first standalone ICC women’s event in the shortest format.
- All 23 matches of the World T20 will be broadcast live to maintain the momentum and focus on women’s cricket, while the Decision Review System (DRS) will be used for the first time in any ICC World T20 event, ensuring consistency in the use of technology in top world-level events.
- Defending champions West Indies are in Group A along with England, South Africa, Sri Lanka and Qualifier 1 from the Netherlands event, while Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan and Qualifier 2 will be in Group B.
- This venue will also host matches between arch-rivals India and Pakistan and trans-Tasman adversaries Australia and New Zealand.