Hindustan Times – It’s the dress rehearsal before the actual test but India would do well not to let the guard down when they take on a lowly but effervescent Ireland in a two-match T20 rubber in Dublin on Wednesday.
- READ | Virat Kohli, Indian cricket team look for improvement in ICC T20 rankingsUmesh Yadav and Bhuvneshwar Kumar headed the pace group along with all-rounder Hardik Pandya, while a few others practised fielding drills.
- While Rahul has been a constant part of the T20I squad, Ajinkya Rahane’s omission from the ODI squad means that he is once again a contender for the number four spot when the three-match series against England begins on July 12.
- Since the 2017 Champions Trophy, India have played 32 ODIs and 18 T20Is, with Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah handling the new ball in 26 ODIs and 9 T20Is, respectively.
- READ | 2019 Cricket World Cup: India vs Pakistan set to be sold out as ticket demand sees new highUmesh Yadav last played an ODI in September 2017 against Australia at Bengaluru.
- Overall, India and Ireland have played only four times, in three ODIs (the other two during 2011 and 2015 ODI World Cups) and a T20I in 2009 during the World T20 in England.