Indian Express – By:
PTI | Chennai | Published: June 27, 2018 10:42:02 R Ashwin with chess prodigy R Praggnanandhaa in Chennai.
- (Source: PTI)Having lost his ODI spot to younger crop of wrist spinners, senior off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has resigned himself to the fate that his comeback will solely depend on how “others perceive” his brand of cricket.
- Ashwin and another senior spinner Ravindra Jadeja have lost their places to young duo of leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal and chinaman Kuldeep Yadav, who have done well to become automatic selections.
- If I wanted to bowl a bunch of leg spin and googly, I would have done it in Afghanistan (Test),” Ashwin’s answer made it clear as to where he stood.
- Talking about the upcoming limited overs series against an upbeat England side, Ashwin termed Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah’s death overs as key.
- While praising the fast bowling unit, Ashwin is hopeful that spinners will play a major role during the Test matches that will happen at the second half of English summer.