ABC News Australia – When you think about Australia’s biggest cross-border rivalries, the feud between South Australia and Victoria often comes to mind.
- He also coached South Adelaide in the SANFL, played 34 interstate games for South Australia as well as coached the side in 45 games.
- Dr Whimpress said Williams “added a lot” to the rivalry with Victoria, simply because of his passion for South Australian success.
- Dr Whimpress said he also believed there have been some “scandalous” omissions in the AFL Hall of Fame for South Australian players — which is often thought to be heavily biased towards Victorian players.
- Dr Whimpress said while he believed many of those who were already in the AFL Hall of Fame deserved to be there, there were some from South Australia who had been overlooked.
- While the rivalry does still remain between South Australia and Victoria these days, Dr Whimpress said he didn’t think it was as prominent as it used to be.