New Indian Express – BENGALURU: There is no greater leveller than sport.
- And to also wonder – how and why did we – a nation of a billion plus people – become obsessed with a quaint sport like cricket?
- Cricket is arguably the slowest sport in the world and perfectly suited for us Indians.
- Cricket is the only sport where you could spend the entire match standing in a corner of the field without touching the ball even once!
- And no sport lends itself to analysis than cricket!
- As the nation that gave the world the concept of ‘karma’, it is natural that we took to cricket.