Royal Gazette – Dion Stovell produced a solid all-round display to guide One Premier Division leaders Southampton Rangers to a seven-wicket win over Somerset at Southampton Oval yesterday.
- In a match reduced to 30 overs because of rain, the Rangers captain claimed three wickets with his off spin as Somerset were restricted to 129 for seven and then led the chase with an unbeaten half-century as the home side replied with 130 for three in 26.
- Somerset were 82 for two with eight overs remaining in their innings after being sent into bat when Stovell brought himself back into the attack and ignited a collapse that saw four wickets tumble in as many overs for 25 runs.
- DeSilva scored an unbeaten 45 from 30 balls while Burrows hit 31 and featured in his teams highest partnership of 49 for the second wicket with Alje Richardson.
- At four for two, Rangers were in need of a partnership and Tre Manders and Stovell answered the call as they produced 70 for the third wicket.
- Somersets joy would be short-lived, though, as Stovell and fellow all-rounder Charles Trott produced an unbroken 56 run partnership to carry Rangers across the line with 23 balls to spare, the winning run arriving via a Dalin Richardson no-ball.