Sunderland Echo – Seaham Park produced an outstanding all-round display to hand morning leaders Crook their first defeat of the season in Division One.
- The home attack then took command to ease to a big victory as Crook were dismissed for 101 in 40 overs.
- The visitors put 52 on for the first wicket, with Andrew Pratt scoring 44, but they collapsed from that point as Park’s bowlers turned on the style, with Singh taking 3-10 and Dave Gilbert 3-21.
- David Tarn hit 30 to ease Easington home to their ninth victory in 11 league matches so far, with Ryan Higgins adding 22 and Ward 14, while on-form Robbie Atherton hit three boundaries and a huge six in 20 not out to steer his team over the line.
- Esh then had Stu Hall (31) and Gary Henderson (55) to thanks for the win as they guided their team home, despite Adam Dixon snatching an impressive haul of 5-50.
- Phili made life difficult for the home side in their reply, as Reece Wood, with 3-44, and Stevie Wright (4-18) had them struggling, but Chris Mann (39) and Matthew Evans (27) guided them home by just one wicket.