Indian Express – Written by
| Mumbai | Published: July 4, 2018 11:48:51 MCA had overall received a very lukewarm response for the coach’s job.
- (Express File Photo)FORMER INDIA wicket-keeper Ajay Ratra has thrown his hat in the ring for the Mumbai Ranji team coach’s job.
- The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) had invited applications from candidates for Mumbai’s senior and under-19 teams, the deadline for which ended on Tuesday.
- Ratra is one of three former first-class cricketers, off-spinner Ramesh Powar and Mumbai wicket-keeper Vinayak Samant, to have applied for the senior team coach’s role.
- Former players including Maharashtra’d Nandan Phadnis, Vidarbha off-spinner Pritam Gandhe and former Mumbai under-19 coach Vinod Raghvan are learnt to have applied for both jobs.
- Powar, who has played the role of spin consultant in the past, has expressed his desire to coach the Mumbai team, whom he represented with great success for many years, on numerous occasions in the past.