Pakistan Today – LONDON: Focussing too much on Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal might be counter-productive, says the England limited-overs captain, reported ICC.
- The fact that Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal, the two Indian wrist-spinners, took 13 wickets between them in the two Twenty20 Internationals in Ireland has become a talking point ahead of the first T20I between England and India, but Eoin Morgan doesn’t want to focus too much on it.
- England, meanwhile, were trumped by Scotland in a one-off one-day international, but have since blanked Australia 6-0 across formats in a limited-overs international series at home.
- But with the ICC World T20 2020 not too far away and the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 lined up even sooner, England might want to tinker with their batting order if only to cover all bases come moments of need.
- The England captain also suggested that the squad selected for the games against India will form the core of the team going into the marquee events.
- We’re probably a more established side at the moment, with guys who’ve played quite a lot of T20 internationals, we’re lucky for that,” he said.