Hindustan Times – The Indian cricket team suffered a big blow on Friday with Jasprit Bumrah being ruled out of the upcoming three-match ODI series against England.
- The Indian cricket team suffered a big blow on Friday with Jasprit Bumrah being ruled out of the upcoming three-match ODI series against England.
- The fast bowler underwent a surgery on his left thumb on Wednesday after suffering an injury during the first T20 International against Ireland at The Village in Dublin late last month, according to a Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) statement.
- READ | India v England: Michael Vaughan’s sarcastic tweet angers Indian fansRight-arm pacer Shardul Thakur has been named as replacement for Bumrah, who will now be returning home to undergo rehabilitation and recovery.
- Bumrah was earlier ruled out of the ongoing three-match T20 International series, in which India currently have a 1-0 lead, after winning the first game by eight wickets against England.
- India are set to play three ODIs following the conclusion of the T20 International series against England.