Guyana Chronicle – PLANNING for a successful hosting of the ICC’s Women’s T20 World Cup is in full swing.
- Minister of Social Cohesion, with responsibility for Sport Dr.
- Accompanying Minister Norton on behalf of the Government of Guyana were Permanent Secretary (ag) Melissa Tucker; Director of Sport Christopher Jones; Assistant Director of Sport Melissa Dow-Richardson and Director of Culture Tamika Boatswain.
- Minister Norton, who holds responsibility also extends to Culture and Youth, said that the possibility of adding a cultural component to the tournament is being examined, as a way of showcasing all things Guyanese in the most flattering way possible.
- “Guyana is a country of beautiful diversities and a rich heritage, and we want to showcase this to the entire world in the most flattering way possible,” Minister Norton explained.
- The year 2018 is shaping up to be exciting for cricket in Guyana, beginning with the Bangladesh tour of the West Indies, which kicked off on Wednesday in Antigua with the Test Series.