Belfast News Letter – The Ireland Women’s cricket team have completed a comprehensive victory of Uganda on Tuesday and ensured they remain top of Group B, booking themselves a semi-finals berth, in Amstelveen.
- After grey skies and drizzle delayed the start of play, Ireland Captain Laura Delany won the toss for the third consecutive match and again chose to make first use of the ball.
- Metcalfe’s first wicket of the day was also her 100th wicket for Ireland.
- Clare Shillington, twice Player of the Match in the last two matches, once again top scored with 27 from 21 balls (three fours).
- Cecelia Joyce made a good contribution to an opening stand of 31 in 4.2 overs, before Gaby Lewis (18* off 22 balls; one four) and Laura Delany (13* off 16 balls) saw Ireland home comfortably with 7.5 overs to spare.
- Ciara Metcalfe was named Player of the Match for her bowling effort which included an incredible 20 dot balls from her four overs.