Cricket World – Pakistan played like a true number one team in the tri-series
Like all others who witnessed the Pakistani triumph in the triangular series, I was very impressed by the manner in which this team went about its business.
- To me the mark of a great team is how they recover from a setback and what Pakistan showed in the tri-series was a resolve that ordinary teams could not have shown, especially after the mauling they received from Australia in the first game between the sides.
- Fakhar Zaman is a selfless player who plays for his side and not for himself Whilst we have struggled in our batting department, I am delighted to say that there are some names in the Pakistan line-up who are offering us glimpses of a very bright future in this department of the game.
- Let me start with Fakhar Zaman and say that he is a big-match player who has the ability to win games for his country and is a selfless individual with the X factor and who plays for his side rather than himself as we saw many times in the Champions Trophy, last year.
- Mohammad Amir seems to be fit and on top of his game A lot of discussions have taken place on the amount of cricket Mohammad Amir should play for Pakistan to preserve his fitness and it seemed that the Pakistan management had some plans about this during the tri-series as he played only 3 out of the 5 games.
- Only India can challenge Pakistan in T20Is today Whilst it’s pleasing to note that Pakistan at the end of this tri-series are still holding the number one spot in ICC’s T20I rankings, one cannot ignore the fact that there are other good teams in the world as well.