News – KULDEEP Yadav took six wickets as India overpowered England in the first one-day international at Trent Bridge on Thursday.
- KULDEEP Yadav took six wickets as India overpowered England in the first one-day international at Trent Bridge on Thursday.
- After Kuldeep had dismissed England’s top three during a burst of three wickets for five runs in 10 balls, Ben Stokes (50) and Jos Buttler (53) shared a fifth-wicket stand of 93.
- But neither could break the shackles and both fell to Kuldeep, who was just the third overseas spinner to take five wickets in an ODI in England after Sri Lanka great Muttiah Muralitharan (5-34 at Lord’s in 1998) and India’s Suraj Randiv (5-42 at Old Trafford in 2011).
- Meanwhile Kohli accepted there was a chance both Kuldeep and leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal could force their way into India’s squad for the five-Test campaign in England that follows this series.
- Having struggled against Kuldeep in a preceding 2-1 Twenty20 loss, England captain Eoin Morgan said his side had to improve their playing of spin ahead of Saturday’s second ODI at Lord’s.