India Today – England produced a clinical performance at Lord’s on Saturday to beat India by 86 runs in the second ODI of the three-match series.
- England produced a clinical performance at Lord’s on Saturday to beat India by 86 runs in the second ODI of the three-match series.
- Although a discilpined Indian bowling attack jolted the hosts at regular intervals, Root kept England sailing as he was involved in a couple of valuable partnerships with Eoin Morgan and David Willey, both of whom posted half-centuries.
- Root and Morgan stablised the England innings in middle overs with a 103-run partnership for the third wicket.
- Despite losing three wickets with the addition of another 50 runs, Root kept England’s scorecard ticking as he forged a 83-run partnership with David Willey.
- Brief Scores: England 322/7 (Joe Root 113, Eoin Morgan 53; Kuldeep Yadav 3/68) beat India 236 (Suresh Raina 46, Liam Plunkett 4/46, Adil Rashid 2/38) by 86 runs to level the 3-match series 1-1.