The Blackpool Gazette – St Annes topped 200 at home to Netherfield but still couldn’t test the Northern Premier League leaders, who cruised to an eight-wicket win with a double-century stand.
- It means the champions stay two points clear of Blackpool, who won by six wickets at home to struggling Fulwood and Broughton, while Fleetwood climbed back into the top half with an eight-wicket victory over winless bottom club Preston.
- This at least secured two bonus points for Preston, boosting their paltry season’s total to seven, while Fleetwood leapfrog a Leyland side who lost by seven wickets at home to Penrith.
- The target was way beyond a Wallasey side dismissed for just 102 in 30.2 overs as Jack Saunders sent down just 20 balls but took three wickets, conceding only five runs.
- Mooreand Smalley Palace Shield premier division: Croston 164 lost to Lancaster 184 by 20 runs, Great Eccleston 222-7 (W Thistlethwaite 71no, K Umerji 57, M Mohammed 49, N Patel 4-76 ) beat Penwortham 137 (J Aspden 45, N Patel 45, W Procter 3-23, J Whittle 3-26 ) by 85 runs, New Longton 158 lost to Kendal 159-6 by four wickets, South Shore 129 (N Bolus 56, J Duerden 6-31, H Geirnaert 3-14 ) lost to Vernon Carus 219-8 (C Ash 44,N Bolus 3-69 ) by 90 runs, Thornton Cleveleys 89-3 (J Eade 34no) beat Eccleston 88 (J Apperley 5-20, J Beech 3-27) by seven wickets.
- Division 1A: BAC/EE Preston 107 (I Jangar 39, R Thomas 6-27) beat Norcross 85 (O Austin 3-17, S Vohra 3-19) by 22 runs, Kirkham and Wesham 131 (J Hogarth 47, A Badat 3-19) lost to Hoghton 132-8 (S Haydock 55no, J Butcher 5-32, B Rawcliffe 3-28) by two wickets, Mawdesley 200-7 beat Grimsargh 185 by 15 runs, Standish 197-7 lost to Rufford 198-5 by five wickets, Tarleton 115-8 (J Holland 3-34, A Hogarth 3-37) beat Freckleton 113 (W Saunders 3-38) by two wickets, Withnell Fold 196 (G Cooper 67no, A Ellison 4-52) lost to Fylde 198-5 (S Davies 60 no) by five wickets,