Royal Gazette – Somersets One 50 Overs Premier Division status was left hanging by a thread after they slumped to a nine-wicket defeat against Baileys Bay at Somerset Cricket Club yesterday.
- Zeko Burgess and Kyle Hodsoll were the heroes for Bay as they claimed nine wickets between them as winless Somerset were skittled for the seasons lowest total of 50 in 20.2 overs.
- Seam bowlers Burgess and Hodsoll bowled cleverly, varying their line and length with deadly effect to keep the Somerset batsmen on the back foot.
- Burgess made the breakthrough in the fourth over when he bowled Alje Richardson with a delivery that stayed low and then struck again two overs later when Solomon Burrows, the Somerset wicketkeeper, was bowled after failing to pick a slower delivery.
- Morrissey played a delivery from Burgess onto his stumps while DeSilva was bowled by an inswinger from the same bowler to leave Somerset reeling at 24 for four in the twelfth over.
- Hodsoll picked up his first wicket the next over when he bowled Joshua Gilbert with a yorker and then had Gregg Maybury held at short mid-wicket and Marcus Johnson trapped leg before wicket as Somerset slipped to 33 for seven.