GiveMeSport – Indian cricketers are quite rightly considered as among some of the best at playing spin bowling, but every now and then even they come unstuck.
- A case in point is Indian captain Virat Kohli during the third one-day international against England at Headingley on Tuesday.
- The look of disbelief on the face of Kohli says it all anyway and not too dissimilar to the one that Mike Gatting gave Shane Warne when he was bowled by the leg-spinner in his first over on English soil in the 1993 Ashes series.
- Kohli was undone by the seaming conditions that so many opposition batsmen find hard to deal with when they tour England, and it was James Anderson who had his measure on four occasions.
- It will be a certainly be captivating series and Kohli will undoubtedly be the number one target as England look to maintain their strong home form in test match cricket.
- India’s captain might feel slightly relieved he won’t face any more deliveries like that one from Rashid as the Yorkshire bowler no longer features in the Test format of the game.