Reuters India – MUMBAI (Reuters) – Retired India batting great Sachin Tendulkar has joined forces with Middlesex Cricket to launch an academy for budding male and female cricketers.
- MUMBAI (Reuters) – Retired India batting great Sachin Tendulkar has joined forces with Middlesex Cricket to launch an academy for budding male and female cricketers.
- FILE PHOTO: Cricket – MCC v Rest of the World Preview Press Conference – Lord’s – 4/7/14 MCC’s Sachin Tendulkar during the press conference Mandatory Credit: Action Images / Steven Paston/File PhotoThe academy will provide training for children between the ages of nine and 14 through a curriculum developed by the coaches at the county and Tendulkar, who is the world’s leading run-scorer in both tests and one-day internationals.
- “I am delighted to be partnering with Middlesex Cricket on this new venture,” Tendulkar, who retired in 2013 with more than 34,000 international runs to his name, said in a statement.
- Merchant Taylor’s School in Northwood will host the Tendulkar Middlesex Global Academy’s first cricket camp from Aug.
- Cricket – England v India npower Test Series Fourth Test – Kia Oval – 19/8/11 Sachin Tendulkar – India Mandatory Credit: Action Images / Andrew BoyersReporting by Sudipto Ganguly; Editing by John O’Brien