Breaking News – Ireland’s cricket team will play a historic four-day Test against England next year.
- Ireland’s cricket team will play a historic four-day Test against England next year.
- The fixture was confirmed by Cricket Ireland this morning and the Test will be played at Lordâs Cricket Ground from 24-27 July 2019.
- Warren Deutrom, Chief Executive of Cricket Ireland, said: “Coming soon after our competitive inaugural menâs Test against Pakistan in May, the confirmation of this news is incredibly exciting for Irish players and fans alike, and further demonstrates the growing status of Ireland as a front-line nation in the world game.
- To return to the worldâs most famous cricket ground only two years later to play our first Test against England will be a truly remarkable occasion and a reward for the many people on and off the field that have driven Irish cricket forward over recent decades.
- Ireland were granted full membership by the International Cricket Council last year and played a historic first test against Pakistan last May.