Birmingham Post, The: Web Edition Articles (England) – Those eager to snap up tickets for next summer’s ICC Cricket World cup can now pre-register for the online ballot.
- The tournament will feature ten teams and 48 matches at 11 venues across England and Wales from May 30, 2019 until the final at Lords on July 14.
- And Edgbaston is hosting five of the one day matches:A public ballot for ticket applications opens at 10am on August 1, 2018 and closes on August 29.
- The Public Ballot will be open until 29 August and fans will be able to apply to each of the 48 fixtures, with tickets in each price band at every game available.
- The ten competing teams Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and West Indies will play a round robin league tournament.
- Host nation England will open the tournament at The Oval on 30 May when they take on South Africa, while reigning champions Australia start their title defence on 1 June against Afghanistan in a day/night match in Bristol.