India Today – Indian wicket-keeper Wriddhiman Saha was omitted from the squad on fitness grounds for the upcoming Test series against England.
- The BCCI did not reveal the full extent of his fitness problems but it was expected to be the thumb injury he sustained while playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL 2018.
- Saha is actually nursing a career-threatening shoulder problem caused by a “bungled” rehabilitation programme at the National Cricket Academy, a top BCCI official has claimed.
- Rishabh Pant named in India squad for first 3 Tests vs EnglandIt is learnt that Saha will have to undergo a surgery in the UK next month and that might rule him out of the tour of Australia later this year.
- The question that is being asked is whether the physio, a former support staff with the Indian team, had given a report about the actual extent of Saha’s injury.
- Even convenor of selection committee Amitabh Chaudhary (acting secretary) wasn’t informed either by the NCA or selectors about Saha’s actual injury.