India – Pakistan completed a series whitewash over Zimbabwe with a 131-run win today in the fifth and final match at Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo.
- Pakistan completed a series whitewash over Zimbabwe with a 131-run win today in the fifth and final match at Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo.
- His opening partner Imam-ul-Haq was also in the runs once again, the pair adding their fourth century stand of the series.
- While he missed out on what would have been his third hundred of the series, Zaman did also claim the records for most runs in a five-match bilateral series with 515 and most runs scored between dismissals in ODIs, having scored 455 runs since he was last dismissed in the first match of the series.
- In response, Zimbabwe showed much more stickability with the bat than had been the case in the first four games of the series.
- Hamilton Masakadza and Tinashe Kamunhukamwe got going with a 66-run opening stand, Zimbabwe’s best of the series, and though Zimbabwe never looked like threatening Pakistan’s total, the middle order did at least hold firm.