New Indian Express – CHENNAI: Leave aside Shikhar Dhawan, Cheteshwar Pujara, or even Murali Vijay, for that matter.
- Among those for whom India’s five-Test series against England could end up determining where their careers head, Dinesh Karthik will ostensibly top that list.
- Karthik had then been the opener, and he’d notched up India’s best run-tally in that three-match series, one they won 1-0.
- Since India’s tour of South Africa, their management has also developed the belief that Karthik is a batsman they can to lean on, especially in overseas conditions.
- In the considerable time they’ve spent with Karthik, India’s support staff has seen him acquire a new level of comfort.
- “It is no doubt an important series for Karthik,” said Hrishikesh Kanitkar, former India batsman and Tamil Nadu’s coach.