Gulf News – Thirty-six budding cricketers of the G Force Cricket Academy toured England and have returned to UAE with a cricketing experience that could boost their game.
- Not only they played many matches winning Under-11 and Under-13 match titles after playing against top teams but also received unique coaching experience from renowned coaches and even returned fitter after undergoing strength and conditioning classes.
- This was the eighth tour of the academy team, which stays at the picturesque Epsom College in Surrey.
- Speaking to Gulf News, Gopal Jaspara, the Head coach of the academy said: “The reputation of our tour over the years and the activities during the camp has spread so much that boys from England, Slovenia, Switzerland and India joined us for our unique coaching and matches program.
- Renowned coach Ian Trott, the father of Test star Jonathan Trott and Mark Cody conducted net sessions while Kavita Pandya, former Indian Women Strength and Conditioning coach who has now joined Bangladesh Women Cricket team, worked hard on making youngsters fitter.
- The outstanding performers of the tour were Arjun Sawant, who cracked a century in a 15-over game, Bhavesh Lalchandani who scored 93 runs in a T20 match against HKSZ Academy from East London and UAE Under-16 probable Jash Giyanani who produced excellent all-round performance.