BBC – When England slipped to 87-7 just after lunch on day three, leading by only 100, the game looked to be done.
- How many 20-year-olds, in the history of Test cricket, have taken an opening bowler over extra cover for a maximum to reach their maiden fifty?
- In the first innings, when Curran was bowling to Hardik Pandya, he pushed the ball across time after time, then pinned him leg before with a big inswinger.
- Whatever happens, he now has runs and wickets to his name, so he is up and running in Test cricket.
- England’s 1,000th Test has fluctuated more than most of the previous 999 and is shaping up to be a match befitting the occasion.
- That the first Test between England and India is building up to such an exciting conclusion is thanks to the efforts of Sam Curran.