Observer, The (Gladstone, Australia) – SURVIVOR may not survive, The Bachelor may be left at the altar and I’m A Celebrity may get out of here as America’s CBS prepares a massive shake-up of Channel 10’s programs.

Summary

  • That was the word from television insiders following CEO Paul Anderson’s announcement last week that Ten had dissolved its relationship with outsourced sales group Multi Channel Network in favour of a policy that will see it “more closely align with CBS across all platforms”.
  • Yet last week sources said Ten’s Chief Content Director Beverley McGarvey has found herself under increased pressure to arrest Ten’s declining market share with CBS executives now keeping a watchful eye on programming decisions.
  • Under review for 2019 is said to be its underperforming new game show Pointless, which recently replaced Family Feud in Ten’s schedule, The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, with sources claiming Ten executives believe the two shows are too similar for both to survive and Survivor, which premiered with only 716,000 viewers on Wednesday against soft competition.
  • Picture: Channel 10 A cloud also hangs over I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here with Ten expected to bring the show back in 2019 – in January and against Seven’s Australian Open – but reduce the program significantly from a six-week season to four.
  • Last week, Ten had the #1 show of the week in total people with MasterChef Australia The Winner Announced and four of the top six programs of the week in our key target market of people 25 to 54.


Read more…