Asian Age – Stokes has not been selected for the second Test between England and India, at Lord’s in London, which starts on Thursday.
- Bristol: England cricketer Ben Stokes mocked a gay couple’s “camp behaviour” before losing his self-control and knocking two other men unconscious in a street fight last September, a court heard on Monday.
- Stokes — on trial for alleged affray — acted in “revenge, retaliation or punishment” and was involved in a “sustained episode of significant violence”, prosecutor Nicholas Corsellis told a jury at Bristol Crown Court in southwest England.
- Stokes, 27, who starred on Saturday as England beat India in a Test Match at Edgbaston, is accused of knocking out 27-year-old Ryan Ali and Ryan Hale, 28 in a brawl.
- Stokes, Ali and Hale were all involved in threatening and/or using unlawful violence towards each other, it is alleged.
- Stokes then threw a punch towards Ali and the pair fell to the ground and grappled, the court heard.