Gulf Today (UAE) – London: Rain meant there was no play on the first day of the second Test between England and India at Lord’s on Thursday.
- London: Rain meant there was no play on the first day of the second Test between England and India at Lord’s on Thursday.
- It was the first time a whole day’s Test play in England had been lost to bad weather since August 24 2013 when the fourth day of the fifth Ashes clash at The Oval was abandoned without a ball bowled.
- The last time a day’s Test play was washed out completely at Lord’s came 17 years ago when the scheduled opening day of the first Test against Pakistan was abandoned on May 17 2001.
- England lead the current five-match series 1-0 after a 31-run victory in the first Test at Edgbaston last week.
- Pope will become the fourth player under 21 to represent England in Test cricket this year, following Mason Crane, Dominic Bess and Sam Curran.