Best Media Info (India) – Mumbai Indians continue to top the brand value chart for the third season in a row, followed by Kolkata Knight Riders.
- But CSK’s performance and the Dhoni factor helped them to neutralise the negative impactThe overall value of the Indian Premier League (IPL) has grown from $5.
- The findings of the fifth edition of Duff & Phelps’ annual study of the IPL suggest an increase of 19%, supported by the broadcasting rights fee surging at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.9%.
- “Star India’s broadcasting rights deal was a game changer that put IPL on par with some of the biggest sporting leagues in the world (on a fee per match basis),” said Varun Gupta, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps and Asia Pacific Leader for Valuation Services.
- “The change in content consumption, influx of over-the-top (OTT) and digital viewing platforms and increased support from advertisers, broadcasters and sponsors have given the IPL greater significance in terms of brand value.”
- Santosh N, Managing Director, Duff & Phelps, said, “Our IPL brand values report reflects the evolution of the modern cricket business paradigm with clubs benefiting from not only the enduring popularity of cricket in India but also from strong marketing and globalisation of the game.