Fox Sports Australia – Steve Smith didn’t waste any time waiting for the umpire’s call after missing a straight one on his Caribbean Premier League debut on Monday.
- Steve Smith didn’t waste any time waiting for the umpire’s call after missing a straight one on his Caribbean Premier League debut on Monday.
- Playing in his most high profile match since the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal, Smith made a well composed 41 off 37 balls before being struck in front by Imran Tahir, making his way off the field before the umpire even had the chance to raise his finger.
- LIVE Stream the Caribbean Premier League Tournament Exclusively Live on FOX SPORTS.
- Currently serving a Cricket Australia sanctioned 12-month ban from international cricket and domestic cricket (Sheffield Shield, one-day cup and Big Bash League) at home, Smith came out to bat with Barbados in trouble at 2-11 after two overs and helped put the side on course for a total of 4-185.
- Positioned at mid-off, Emrit showed impressive flexibility and athleticism to hold onto a leaping catch off the bat of Martin Guptill, bending backwards in midair to get his hands to it.