Australian, The – FORMER Victorian batsman Lloyd Mash is locked in to play for his junior club this summer in a recruiting coup.
- Mash played 27 first-class matches for Victoria and retired last season after a distinguished Premier Cricket career with Fitzroy Doncaster.
- Mash is regarded as one of Lions’ most decorated players and logged 7417 Premier Cricket runs from 237 matches, including 10 centuries.
- Eltham finished seventh in Money Shield last season and Mash said helping lift the club to the top flight was a priority.
- Mash’s late father Peter and his mother Glenda are life members at Eltham, with Peter serving as president for 13 years.
- “I suppose I know what to expect, being at Fitzroy last year and seeing the Premier guys, even oppositions, and it sort of brought me back to when I was young and how much pressure you put on yourself.