AAP Australian Sports – WELLINGTON, Aug 15 AAP – New Zealand Cricket has stuck with a proven recipe by appointing Gary Stead its new Black Caps coach.
- WELLINGTON, Aug 15 AAP – New Zealand Cricket has stuck with a proven recipe by appointing Gary Stead its new Black Caps coach.
- Like when Hesson was appointed six years ago, Stead has no men’s international experience, having instead built up an accomplished domestic coaching record.
- Stead guided Canterbury to four domestic titles during five years in charge, including three Plunket Shield first-class crowns.
- Stead will find his feet in Test, ODI and T20 series against Pakistan in the UAE from late October before turning his attention to a busy home summer and next year’s World Cup in England.
- Stead’s contract gives him the flexibility to bring in specialist coaching support when deemed necessary, particularly in the T20 format.