Belfast News Letter – Weather permitting there is action across several different fronts this weekend as the domestic cricket season starts to wind down for another year.
- Things get under way on Friday with the start of the Sammy Jeffrey Shield at Eglinton where Championship leaders Glendermott take on second-placed Ballyspallen in what looks set to be an enthralling two-day contest (12noon).
- On Saturday, there are only three Premier Division games down for decision – Brigade and Bready having brought their match forward to last Sunday when Davy Scanlon’s team’s 3 bonus points in defeat were enough to clinch them the title.
- The four provincial T20 champions have gone into a hat, resulting in Clontarf playing Cork County at Bready on Saturday morning (11am) while Brigade entertain Waringstown at the same time.
- The winners of that second game will then head to Bready for a 4pm final against the winners of the other match.
- Their bowling let them down a touch against an under-strength Eglinton last weekend and were again a bit wayward, admittedly against the reigning national champions Waringstown on Sunday.