Gulf News – Virat Kohli speaks during a press conference at the Oval cricket ground in London, Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
- Virat Kohli speaks during a press conference at the Oval cricket ground in London, Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
- London: India captain Virat Kohli has ruled out participating in the initial stages of the England and Wales Cricket Board’s new 100-ball format and says he is worried that commercial concerns are eroding the quality of the game.
- Kohli already represents India in Tests, One Day Internationals and Twenty20s and plays in the Indian Premier League and said he did not want to be “a testing sort of cricketer for any new format”.
- “Obviously for the people involved in the whole process and the set-up it will be really exciting but I cannot think of one more format, to be honest,” Kohli said in an interview with Wisden Cricket Monthly.
- I feel the commercial aspect is taking over the real quality of the cricket and that hurts me.”