Hindustan Times – The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has introduced nine new teams in the 2018-19 domestic season.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has introduced nine new teams in the 2018-19 domestic season.
- Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Sikkim and Uttarakhand have been inducted keeping in mind the order of the Supreme Court and they will be a part of the plate group of the Ranji Trophy.
- Any team can cause an upset in T20 cricket and that is why the new teams have been pitted against the big boys in this format.
- The likes of Karim have strongly backed the introduction of the new teams into the system and he reiterated on Friday that the big teams should take the likes of Bihar, Puducherry and Uttarakhand lightly at their own peril.
- Following is the list of coaches confirmed for the new states:Meghalaya: Senior Men: Sanath Kumar; U-23: Dhiraj JadhavBihar: Senior Men: Subroto Banerjee; U-23: Ajay RatraNagaland: Senior Men: Kanwaljeet SinghSikkim: Senior Men: Sanjeev Sharma U-23: PV ShashikanthUttarakhand: Senior Men: KP BhaskarArunachal Pradesh: Gursharan SinghMizoram: Senior Men: Ashok Malhotra; U-23: Shib Shankar PaulPuducherry: Senior Men: Aavishkar Salvi.