Pakistan Today – Making a comeback in a decisive match against India, England allrounder Moeen Ali picked up nine wickets and earned the man of the match award.
- Making a comeback in a decisive match against India, England allrounder Moeen Ali picked up nine wickets and earned the man of the match award.
- In August last year, Moeen had paid a tribute to the “amazing” Saqlain for his role in helping him enjoy a record-breaking Test series against South Africa.
- “‘Saqqy’ has been amazing for me in terms of helping with my fields, helping me understand my bowling a lot more than I had done previously – and I think that has been the biggest difference,” said Moeen after bowling England to a 177-run win in the fourth Test at Old Trafford.
- It was another star turn at Hampshire’s headquarters from Moeen, who took six for 67 when England beat India by 266 runs in the corresponding Test at Southampton four years ago.
- “Sometimes you can play so much that I felt it was not a bad thing to go back to county cricket,” said Moeen, playing his first Test of the season after being dropped by England following a difficult tour of Australia and New Zealand.