Fox Sports Australia – Captain Tim Paine has delivered an insight into early draftings of the charter, which will reflect the findings of a review into the team’s culture.
- Captain Tim Paine has delivered an insight into early draftings of the charter, which will reflect the findings of a review into the team’s culture.
- Paine said the charter’s key message will be to remind players their team belongs to the Australian public, and not themselves, Sydney Morning Herald reported on Wednesday.
- Paine added that he and coach Justin Langer want to build a culture in the team that makes its players want to be “better people”, and not just better cricketers.
- “If we can do that, that’s the sort of environment people want to be involved in and that culture spreads really quickly through the team rather than having to try and sell your culture all the time, just set that culture, live that culture, and guys that want to be involved will carry it through,” Paine said.
- The publication reported that Paine’s suggestions on cultural changes within the team make up part of the review, led by former Test batsman Rick McCosker.