West Australian, The – Three West Aussies are among an inexperienced Test squad named for next month’s tour of the United Arab Emirates.
- Five players in the squad are yet to receive a Baggy Green including Queensland trio Michael Neser, Brendan Doggett and Marnus Labuschagne, South Australia’s Travis Head and Victorian Aaron Finch.
- Camera IconShaun and Mitch Marsh.Picture: Getty Images“There has been significant change to our Test squad, due to the unavailability of a number of key players,” national selector Trevor Hohns said.
- “It’s a blend of experienced players who have a significant amount of either Test or first-class cricket, and a number of younger players who we are confident are ready for the Test arena.”
- Agar will battle it out with fellow left-arm tweaker Jon Holland to partner off-spinner Nathan Lyon in the final XI for the first Test in Dubai.
- SquadTim Paine (captain), Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Jon Holland, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc.