Fox Sports Australia – Five uncapped players – Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Brendan Doggett, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser – were named in the 15, ensuring at least one new baggy green will be handed out on October 7 in Dubai.
- Both Finch and Head have made names for themselves as part of Australia’s one-day international and Twenty20 teams, and Neser made his ODI debut in June.
- Labuschagne also featured in the recent Australia A tour, where recording a handy 60 in Bengaluru – but was dismissed for a pair in the second match against India A.
- All-rounder Michael Neser has also been selected in the Test squad after starring in the recent Australia A tour, where he took six wickets and made valuable runs in the lower-order.
- Neser made his ODI debut for Australia against England after replacing the injured Josh Hazlewood in June – he took 2-46 and 0-74 during the embarrassing 5-0 campaign that forced Australia down to sixth on the ICC ODI rankings,The Queenslander is also useful with the bat, averaging 23.
- While Finch spent most of the 2017-18 Sheffield Shield season – where he scored 494 runs at an average of 35.28 – in the middle order, he is a potential opening option with Matt Renshaw for Australia against Pakistan.