DNA – If there is a tragic story in Indian cricket, Jharkhands left-arm spinner Shahbaz Nadeem will feature right at the top.
- However, fellow Jharkhand left-arm spinner Anukul Roy polished off the last two wickets to deny Nadeem a rare Perfect-10.
- Still waiting The Bokaro-born Nadeem may have felt hard-done by the national selectors when he was the leading wicket-taker in Ranji Trophy in two successive seasons 56 wickets in 2016-17 and 51 in 2015-16 but the most important call never came along.
- Nadeem has rubbed shoulders with the best in business, be it in IPL or for India A.
- Nadeem has had a decent last few weeks for India A, picking up 23 wickets in six first-class matches for India A in England and India Red in Duleep Trophy at home.
- When you bowl to the best players of the country, it gives you an idea where to bowl and trouble batsmen and help you do well in the domestic circuit, Nadeem revealed.