Rediff – ‘It is very difficult to set them a target.
- Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza had no hesitation in terming India a far better team but said ‘my Asia Cup was won’ when Tamim Iqbal batted with one hand in their tournament opener, against Sri Lanka.
- Dashing opener Tamim is one of the few key players Bangladesh will be missing in the final against India on Friday.
- Bangladesh lost to India in the final of the tournament in 2016, and four years before that they were defeated by Pakistan in the summit showdown of the continental event.
- Asked if they have learnt from past mistakes during crucial games against India, he said, “Every tournament has been a distinct journey whether 2012 final against Pakistan or 2016 against India.
- Shakib flew back to Bangladesh after aggravating a finger injury, while Tamim was ruled out of the tournament after suffering a fracture in the opening game.