The Independent – UK – It’s only 14 miles, as the crow flies, from Dadyal to Mirpur in the Azad Kashmir region of northern Pakistan, where Abdul Rashid and Munir Ali were both brought up.
- Half a century later, on the other side of the world, their sons have forged the sort of bond that is only really possible in Britain: one based on shared culture as much as shared vocation, where faith and family are never far from the surface.
- Adil Rashid: We first met playing against each other in the county under 13s.
- Rashid and Moeen have been close for years (Getty Images) Are your families close?
- Both were part of a successful summer with England (Getty Images) So religion played a bigger part in your life as you got older?
- So when someone invites Rash for dinner, I’ll be there as well, and the other way round.