Hindustan Times – Moments after winning the 2018 Asia Cup, stand-in skipper Rohit Sharma was asked by the media if he was ready to take on the role on a long-term basis.
- While it could have foxed Rohit as he has been leading the team only because the national selectors decided to rest regular skipper Virat Kohli, the opening batsman decided to add a bit of humour to the situation and said that he would be ready for whenever it comes to him.
- Even coach Ravi Shastri felt that Rohit was brilliant with leading the team to the title.
- To keep his intensity going even after the start they had, showed he was really cool in every aspect of captaincy, the bowling changes he made were really good, to concede just around 100 runs in the last 30 overs, I thought it was brilliant,” Shastri told Kevin Pietersen at the end of the game.
- And even today if you see, he didn’t bowl his ten overs, his batting, his fielding abilities, are very, very crucial to the team.
- Rohit said that the reason behind the team’s success was the freedom they got to play their natural game and not worry about the pressure of getting dropped.