Stuff – Mitch Marsh, seen here celebrating a ton in the fifth Ashes test in January, says he’s worked on facing spin.
- Fresh from his first century as an official leader, Mitch Marsh has declared Australia has embraced the need to live by a fresh culture – but hopes the public focus on this soon ends.
- Marsh has been elevated into the vice-captaincy for the test series against Pakistan, beginning in Dubai on Sunday.
- Marsh said left-hander Head, the South Australian captain, had proven he was ready to make his Test debut.
- But with Renshaw in doubt, it could mean South African-born Queenslander Marnus Labuschagne could also debut, giving the tourists four debutants for the first time since Australia took to the field without their World Series Cricket stars in 1977.
- “It’s never nice to see someone get hit in the head, but from what I’ve heard from the doctor he’s getting better and better,” Marsh said of Renshaw.