Reuters India – (Reuters) – Former England captain Andrew Strauss has stepped down from his position as director of cricket and will take up a more flexible role with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), the 41-year-old announced on Wednesday.

Summary

  • (Reuters) – Former England captain Andrew Strauss has stepped down from his position as director of cricket and will take up a more flexible role with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), the 41-year-old announced on Wednesday.
  • “After three-and-a-half incredible years with the ECB, I have taken the difficult decision to step down from my role as director of England cricket,” Strauss said in a statement.
  • England host the 50-over World Cup next year as well as the Ashes series against Australia, and Strauss said his successor would play a vital role in that period.
  • “Next year is potentially the most important the game has had in this country, with the World Cup on home soil and a home Ashes series, and we have an incredible opportunity to do something special,” Strauss added.
  • England sealed a 4-1 home test series win over top-ranked India last month.


Read more…