Live Mint – Former Patna Pirates raider Monu Goyat (in yellow and green) was the most expensive player at the auction ahead of Pro Kabbadi’s season 6.
- Former Patna Pirates raider Monu Goyat (in yellow and green) was the most expensive player at the auction ahead of Pro Kabbadi’s season 6.
- It’s a remarkable rise for the 25-year-old from Haryana who began his Pro Kabbadi career just two seasons ago with the Patna franchise and has 250 raid points from 39 matches so far.
- The raiding pair of Goyat and Pardeep Narwal was responsible for 560 of the 637 raid points Patna scored in season 5, which saw them lift their third league title in a row.
- And with 12 teams (four new teams were added before season 5), Pro Kabbadi is now the biggest professional sports league in India, ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and Indian Super League.
- For me, six seasons of kabaddi is still a new thing and not too long a time,” says Vinit Karnik, business head of ESP Properties, the sports and entertainment arm of Group M and SportzPower.