Mid-day – While there could be an outcome on Thursday, there are indications that MCA may not be in a position to host the tie.
- In any case, the BCCI has never conducted a match on behalf of a state associationBCCI Will Mumbai Cricket Association host the India v West Indies ODI allotted to them on October 29?
- MCA showed willingness to help the BCCI to organise the match, provided all decisions are taken by the Board, but the parent body insisted that they cannot conduct a match they have allotted to a state association.
- “The BCCI is hell-bent on MCA hosting the match, but since there is no direction from the court over who will take charge of the MCA, organising a match in such a situation is impossible,” a MCA source said.
- To organise the match, the MCA will have to issue 18 tenders, but the CEO has refused to take any responsibility as there is no direction from the court.
- In any case, the BCCI has never conducted a match on behalf of a state association.