Indian Express – By:
PTI | Published: October 11, 2018 1:29:58 The Wankhede stadium, where the final of the 2011 World Cup won by India was played, was named after former MCA President Sheshrao Wankhede.
- (Source: Express Archive)The issue of feasibility of conducting a One-Day International match between India and West Indies in Mumbai on October 29 is likely to land in the Supreme Court.
- Secretary of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) Unmesh Khanwilkar and another member had approached the Bombay High Court, seeking appointment of an ad-hoc committee for the ODI.
- The High Court, earlier this year, had appointed a Committee of Administrators for the MCA comprising two retired judges, who relinquished their charge on September 14.
- “The documentation work is going on and in a day or two the petitioners in all likelihood will approach the top court seeking directions for the conduct of the October 29 game,” MCA sources said Wednesday.
- MCA officials are likely to meet the BCCI top brass again Thursday.