Free Press Journal (India) – HYDERABAD: It’s common for people to seek divine intervention when the chips are down and sport is no different.
- However, a temple inside an international cricket stadium premises “to ensure that home team doesn’t lose”?
- Asked about the story behind the temple, priest Hanumanth Sharma claimed it was built in 2011 “neither the Indian team nor the now defunct IPL franchise Deccan Chargers were winning their matches at this ground.”
- “It was proving to be an inauspicious ground for the home teams.
- As per statistics, India first played an international match at this venue back in 2005.
- The home team lost ODI against South Africa and Australia before they beat England, Sri Lanka.